Video counseling sessions will continue to be available to all clients and we will continue providing this service indefinitely. (Insurance companies may vary their level of coverage for tele-health services, please call your insurance company for details)
As we begin to schedule some in person sessions in the office, we are making adjustments to our processes for everyone’s safety. If you are sick, please do not enter the office.
Our latest protocol:
1. The waiting room is closed. If you are coming in for your appointment, please do not bring extra people with you. If you are the parent of a child, one parent will be permitted to wait in the waiting room while your child is in session.
2. Each counseling room is sanitized in between each appointment, and the waiting room and restroom are sanitized at minimum every hour.
3. Masks are not required at this time but are strongly recommended for use.
4. Upon arrival, please check in using the iPad. There are sanitized styluses for your use for a touchless experience. There is hand sanitizer at the front desk for your immediate use. Please practice physical distancing in all areas of the office.
5. Appointment start and end times are staggered to reduce contact with others in the common areas of the office.
6. All counseling rooms have been re-arranged to allow for physical distancing guidelines set out by the CDC.
7. Contactless payment can be arranged by allowing us to keep a credit card in our secure file for you.
8. Please stop at the front desk to check out via the iPad and for payment if one is due.
This list is subject to change.